Mobile SEO Tips for eCommerce Websites
Did you know that most of your shoppers are mobile users? That’s right. If you’re not catering to mobile eCommerce, you might as well be slamming the door shut on your largest market. Across the US alone, approximately 61% of all online purchases are carried out via mobile, totaling just shy of 170 million people. With the vast majority of your leads likely to be mobile shoppers, you need to leverage the right mobile SEO tips to ensure a seamless experience for your largest market. Let these pointers help you become more visible- and profitable:
Make Your Site
Site navigation is always important for any website. But the stakes are even higher for an eCommerce website, with this simple attribute having the potential to increase your conversions by 18.5%.
Here are a Few Ways You Can Bolster Your eCommerce SEO and UX Experience for Mobile Shoppers:
- Make your search bar pop: Borrow a leaf from the Amazon search bar. It’s right at the center of the top of the page so it’s unmissable. While you’re at it, you could also add autocomplete features as well as suggestions for popular purchases.
- Ensure your header counts: Include promotion offers and vital information, such as your USP, on the header. 9 in 10 site visitors read the entirety of your header so use it to draw in your mobile shoppers. Be sure to keep it short and sweet for mobile.
- Design a menu that gets results: You want to implement a categorization structure that groups relevant or related products. Include parent categories and subcategories to make it easier for mobile leads – and search bots- to feel their way around your website.
Ensure all your labels are simple to decipher, and it also helps to have a dedicated category just for new arrivals or what’s trending. You may also want to look into leveraging navigational tools like breadcrumbs to improve site navigation even further.
Implement Responsive Web Design
Approximately 94% of shoppers form an opinion of your store based on the responsiveness of your web design. It’s therefore quite an important attribute that you need to work on.
Keep in mind that modern users access your site via a plethora of screen sizes, e.g., smartphones, tablets, you name it. Ensuring responsiveness ensures a uniform and excellent site experience across these devices.
A Few Tips on How to Make Your Web Design More Responsive for Mobile:
- Configure appropriate breakpoints. You might need to seek the assistance of an eCommerce marketing agency with this. It entails providing a pleasant visual experience by altering content and layout to fit a certain resolution.
- Consider implementing a fluid grid layout as well
- Implement responsive typography and images too
Presenting responsive themes available with some CMSs may also be the way to go. Once you’ve completed your redesign, be sure to measure web responsiveness with software solutions such as BrowserStack.
You May Also Like – The Top 10 SEO Content Tools to Boost Your Site’s Ranking
Optimize Your Product Pages
Product pages can be a goldmine as far as your eCommerce SEO is concerned. Leverage these pages to include important keywords and make a case for the product in question.
To Optimize Your Product Pages So That They Become Better, You Want To:
- Make your product descriptions keyword-rich. Long-tail keywords are especially ideal
- Use unique, high-quality images, and include alt-text tags for SEO benefits as well. Old, worn-out stock photos won’t do
- Include CTAs in your descriptions to ensure leads act on buyer intent
Moreover, you also want to include testimonials or reviews within the product page, while keeping your copy product-centric. Generalization may not have the best results.
Make Your URL Structure Simple and Clear
Most eCommerce websites don’t take their URL structure seriously. Heck, several stores don’t even give it a second glance. But your URL structure can greatly influence the shareability and clickthrough of the shared content.
You want to make your URLs as readable as possible. It should tell a lead what the page is about before they click through. Here are a few more tips to make your URLs better for SEO:
Don’t maintain default URLs by CMS. These mash up a bunch of meaningless letters, numbers, and symbols, so you want to edit them to ensure human readability
- Don’t maintain default URLs by CMS. These mash up a bunch of meaningless letters, numbers, and symbols, so you want to edit them to ensure human readability.
- Don’t use stop words such as prepositions. For instance, instead of “https://example.com/these-are-the-best-outdoor-seats” just say “https://example.com/best-outdoor-seats”. Doing so will also make your URLs shorter and more user-friendly for mobile.
- Throw keywords into your product page URLs if you can because search engines also sift through these when trying to out what the page is about.
The structure of your URLs can sway your SEO rankings significantly. Now’s the time to start taking them more seriously than ever.
Make Mobile Happy and Profits Will Follow
The lion’s share of people today shop online via their phones, resulting in a highly lucrative mobile eCommerce market that exceeds $1.1 trillion. Between this year and 2028, the CAGR of this market will hold at an eyewatering 31%. Consequently, there’s a lot to profit from implementing these mobile SEO tips. Use these pointers to create an impeccable experience for your mobile users and drive your sales.